Click image for small version.
This wonderful bird's eye view was supplied by Don Lyke of Newark. About 1951 his father, Donald William Lyke, had the aerial photo taken to use on a post card advertising the Macedon Auto Parts operation. Donald W. started the business in 1946 and he and his wife, Margaret Goethals Lyke, lived in the small house next to the gas station. At the time of this picture they were building the larger house to the left. The small house was sold and moved to Quaker Road east of O'Neil Road. It was small enough that it could be transported intact over the canal bridge. It is still in use. When the property was sold to Mobil the large house was moved to Railroad Street in the village and is also still in use.